COVID-19 INFORMATION AND STATUS UPDATES EFFECTIVE August 2021
Our Private Resort Beaches Are Open and Ready to Welcome You
To learn about State of Florida Covid safety practices, visit here.
Please Note: We attempt to keep information pertaining to COVID-19 as accurate and up to date as possible; however, it is a fluid situation and policies and procedures are subject to change without notice as we do our best to adapt to the latest health and safety information.
Captiva Island: ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa is open and welcoming overnight guests.
Sanibel Island: West Wind Island Resort, Beachview Cottages and Castaways Cottages are open and welcoming overnight guests.
Vacation rental guests on Sanibel and Captiva Island: Sanibel Captiva Island Vacation Rentals is open and welcoming guests for overnight accommodations.
We look forward to your arrival and we strive (as always) to exceed your expectations for quality, value, satisfaction and safe, wonderful times.
The following outline stringent COVID-19 policies, procedures and actions that apply to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts accommodations, restaurants, food and beverage outlets, wedding and meeting facilities, pool facilities, fitness center, spa, marinas, lobbies and other public places. These policies, procedures and actions follow the Centers for Disease Control guidelines and in some cases, exceed the CDC guidelines. These policies also align with the SanCap Safe guidelines. These best practices are performed for the safety of you, our guests, as well as our valued employees. Thank you for your understanding, patience, cooperation and trust.
OUR FRIENDLY SERVICE PROVIDERS
The following applies to all employees of Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts:
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and have their body temperature tested daily.
- Any employee offsite who feels or exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms as outlined on the Centers for Disease Control website is required to not report to work, or if onsite is required to return to their home and monitor their symptoms.
- All employees follow strict guidelines wherever possible (depending on assignment) regarding facial and hand protection and sanitation.
REGISTRATION AND LOBBY PROCEDURES
The following applies to all guests upon arriving Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts properties for check-in purposes:
- Arriving Guests. A limited number of reservation parties are allowed within the lobby for purposes of registration and welcome package. Other registering parties should wait until the lobby is cleared before entering. Upon entering lobby, guests are required to wear masks please.
- Our Welcome Team. Registration and Welcome staff wear masks. Staff clean and disinfect counters and other touchpoints regularly. Clear plexiglass partitions are placed between staff and guests. Sanitized pens are available. Guests are encouraged to text SCBR to 77222 to receive information, entertainment or safety updates.
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts accommodations:
- All housekeeping staff wear masks when interacting with guests, and gloves at all times, and exchange gloves with each room cleaning.
- Cleaning procedures and cleaning solutions follow CDC approved guidelines and recommendations.
- Additional cleaning procedures will be applied to high touch areas, soft surfaces and electronics.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping or on-request housekeeping your stay. Please inform Front Desk by touching 0 (zero) on your in-room telephone.
- Upon conclusion of your stay, please place towels in shower or tub.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICES
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts Food and Beverage outlets:
Guests must wear a face covering that covers both mouth and nose when entering our restaurants. Masks must are encouraged if waiting for seating. Masks may be removed upon seating a table in anticipation of dining.
If you are sick, please be safe and stay home. If anyone in your party feels even the slightest bit unwell or is in quarantine due to exposure to a Covid case, please reschedule your visit to our restaurants.
All Food and Beverage staff, both in preparation and in service, adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation (exception: outdoor pool service staff).
Pens are sterilized before guest use.
- At ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa on Captiva Island:
- All restaurants are open for dine in and take out. Menus, hours of operations and reservations are available online at www.OldCaptivaHouse.com and www.CrowsNest-Captiva.com. Menu for Oasis Pool Bar is available on-site. Take out orders may be placed and picked up daily during regular business hours at extension 423 (in-room telephone) or 472.5161 (423).
- ‘Tweens Beans coffee shop is open daily.
- At West Wind Island Resort on Sanibel Island:
- Restaurants are open for dine in and take out. Menu, hours of operation and reservations are available online at www.normandierestaurant.com. You may pay at time of food pickup with cash or credit, or by charging order to your room. Certain menu items may not be available based on various factors. Orders may be placed and picked up daily during regular business hours at extension 310 (in-room telephone) or 472.1541 (310).
- Upper Deck Pool Bar is open for outdoor dining and beverages 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM with Lunch 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM; Dinner 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
WEDDING AND MEETING FACILITIES
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts wedding and meeting facilities:
- All Wedding and Meeting staff, in preparation and in cleaning, wear masks and gloves, and follow procedures and guidelines outlined by Centers for Disease Control.
- Please call 239-472-5161 ext 447 for more information.
The following applies to all Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts public spaces:
- Disinfectants and hand sanitizers are readily available throughout our properties; we encourage their use.
- Public restrooms are cleaned regularly.
- Outdoor areas and pool areas do not require masks; we highly recommend limiting your “chair grouping” to immediate family.
- Marina staff at ‘Tween Waters and Castaways Cottages adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation; sterilized pens are available.
- Beaches respect physical distancing in placement of chairs and cabanas; we highly recommend limiting your “grouping” to immediate family.
- Should you care to use a hot tub, we highly recommend limiting your “grouping” to immediate family.
- At ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa on Captiva Island:
- The Spa is open.
- Fitness center is open, masks are required.
- Pool towel exchange primarily occurs at ‘Tween Beans Coffee Shop located near the Family Pool; towels may also be exchanged in Lobby.
AS OUR VALUED GUESTS
The following applies to our valued guests of Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts:
- The many precautions and procedures Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts applies to every aspect of your stay are done with this paramount mission: to provide you a vacation or visitation experience that is safe, positive, fun, memorable and most of all, healthy.
- We ask for your understanding, patience and trust as we execute our policies and procedures.
- We ask that you respect the safety and health of our service providers.
- We ask that you contact Guest Services (touch zero on your in-house telephone) if you feel any COVID-19 symptoms; our team can provide information on local healthcare providers and pharmacies.
- Any guest that exhibits COVID-19 symptoms should seek medical counsel, and consider terminating your stay and returning to your home.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any guest who does not respect our policies and procedures, or puts staff in harm’s way.
We hope you will find your stay with Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts fun, memorable and healthy. We encourage you to visit us often: our mission and our passion are to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your cooperation in these unusual times.
- Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa | Tween-Waters.com | 800.223.5865
- West Wind Island Resort | WestWindInn.com | 800.824.0476
- Beachview Cottages | Beachview-Cottages.com | 800.860.0532
- Castaways Cottages | Castaways-Cottages.com | 800.375.0152
- Sanibel Captiva Island Vacation Rentals | SCVacay.com | 877.388.5050
LOCAL FOOD AND PHARMACY OPERATIONS
Grocery and pharmacy providers on Sanibel are currently open during the following hours (subject to change without notice):
- Bailey’s: 7 AM – 7 PM Daily
- Jerry’s: 7 AM – 9 PM Daily
- Island Pharmacy: 9 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 1 PM Saturday
- CVS General: 7 AM – 11 PM Daily
- CVS Pharmacy: 9 AM – 7 PM Monday-Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM Saturday and Sunday
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR YOUR HEALTH, SAFETY AND INFORMATION