WEST WIND INN PET POLICY
We at West Wind Island Resort know how important it is for many of our guests to be able to include their four-footed family members in their Sanibel Island vacation. That’s why we chose to make our resort pet-friendly for guests who want to experience a true family vacation!
All guests wishing to bring a pet to West Wind Island Resort must call us in advance with complete pet information. Breed and Weight Restrictions Apply. Pet rates are $35 per pet, per day, with a maximum of 2 pets per unit. All pet owners must also sign the West Wind Island Resort pet agreement upon check-in to the resort. Pet must be seen by front desk staff upon check-in.
Our guests bringing pets are required to follow these simple rules:
- Guest agrees to keep their pet on a leash at all times while outside of the unit.
- Guest agrees to keep their pet off the pool deck area.
- Guest agrees to not leave their pet unattended in the unit for more than 2 hours. However, it is the responsibility of the pet owner to prevent the pet from disturbing other guests at all times.
- Guest agrees to clean up after their pet at all times.
- Guest agrees if their pet is a bird, it must stay in its cage at all times while in the unit.
- Guest agrees to be responsible for any damages caused by their pet, and agrees to pay for said damages.
- Guests who are scheduled for a house clean must remove the pet from the unit prior to house clean.
- Guests that do not abide by these rules may be asked to leave the resort without a refund.
- The following dogs will NOT be accepted on property per our Insurance Company Liability Coverage: Pit Bulls, Staffordshire terriers, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, Akitas, Wolf hybrid, Slukis, Huskys, Presa Canarosa/Canario, Malinols, Alaskan Malamutes, Fila Brasillero, Chech Wolf Dogs, Neopolitan Mastiffs, Tosa Kens, and Perro De Presa Mallorquins.